DEPARTMENT: Client Services
CLOSING DATE: December 28, 2018
An Operations Aide sweeps, mops, vacuums, and cleans floors in facility; loads and unloads supplies and materials; sets-up and breaks down tables, chairs, risers, pianos, dance floors, and show equipment; maintains out-door grounds; and operates motorized equipment.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE WORK:
The work of this individual involves evening, weekend, holiday, shift-work, and occasional mandatory overtime.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF THE WORK:
- Sets-up and breaks down tables, chairs, risers, pianos, dance floors, staging equipment and show equipment.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, and cleans floors in facility.
- Cleans and maintains the buildings, public areas, and surrounding grounds
- Changes trash and recycling throughout facility.
- Loads and unloads supplies and materials.
- Maintains out-door grounds.
- Assists in snow removal.
- Operates motorize equipment (i.e. forklift, scrubber, skid loader, Cushman cart, vacuum cleaner, and trash compactor.)
- Performs other related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to stand and walk for large portions of day; may lift and carry objects with a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull equipment that ways in excess of 1,000 lbs.
- Ability to assist general public and show promoters with basic questions/problems or obtain a supervisor who can assist.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to speak effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education – High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Experience – One year of experience as a laborer.
Licensees – May be required to obtain a valid Maryland Class D driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer